Monday, November 8, 2010

Good VS Evil

It's November now, most people will be facing their crucial exams soon, after that a long holiday await them. I won't be having this, so why bother thinking about it. Anyway, there is a new thought  pondering in my head: What is Good? What is Evil?. Now, I'm going to share some of my thoughts.

In my thinking, I'd say an action, or a doing cannot be decided whether it is good or bad. It's the intention, the thoughts that matters. I think in our life, a lot of things have been overlooked in the point of religion. I'm not saying religion is careless, it's just sometimes a lot of things should be considered before a conclusion can be made. I think, a sin, is not a sin unless the intention is bad.

I'll say an example. Killing people, if I'm not mistaken is consider a sin right? If a normal person, went on and killed other person, automatically people rate him as "bad, insane, horrible, a sin". Normally, people would say he'd go to hell, not deserve being a human, etc. Eventually, he will 'pay' for what he had done like stay in prison, death sentence, etc. BUT, if the similar situation happen to a police or a law enforcer, the outcome will be TOTALLY different. For example, if a police faced a robber, and that robber threatened to murder the hostages. In this situation, if that police managed to shoot the robber, and killed him in process, automatically that police will be rated as "saviour, professional, done a good deed". Eventually, he will get honoured for KILLING that robber. So does that mean that robber 'deserve' to die? In that sense, killing people is not a sin? Come on people, it's still KILLING people!

I'll give another example. Lie, fraud is consider a sin. So, lying under any circumstance is also a sin. Correct me if I'm wrong. If that is the case, I believe none of mortal here is sinless. (this is what I believe, if you who read this is Truly haven't done ANYTHING wrong in your entire life, then I apologise). If I'm not mistaken, all people who have done wrong, or sinned will be banned to Hell. I believe non of us here will be going to heaven, as heaven is exclusively for those who never done anything wrong. Back to lying, what I think is if you never lied in your life, I don't believe that you can survive until now.

Eg, if you are a doctor, and your patient is going to die in 2 months due to cancer, how do you intend to tell him/her? Will you say: "I'm sorry to say but you are going to die in 2 months." or "have faith, you have the chance to become better". If you choose the first statement, good for you. You did a good job. If you choose the 2nd statement, you just lied to him/her. You can argue that you did not lie by saying that you just didn't told him that he would die soon. In that way, you can continue cheating yourself.

All I can say is Good or Evil, is not based on the act, but it's based on the intention of doing it. Actually you should say based on how people judge it. Some religions may have other explanation or believes, but what I understand now is this. No offence to any party.

No comments: